Before law firms or in-house teams develop a new product or service offering, they should ask (and answer) these 5 questions:
- Does the offering solve a real problem?
- Do your customers genuinely want this?
- Have you fully weighed the economics involved?
- Should you keep the work in-house or outsource it?
- Can you ensure a good customer experience?
Although the author of this article is talking about the development of interconnected devices (IoT), the questions should more than resonate for legal professionals. If you are a law firm seeking to innovate or a legal operations professional delivering better service to your team and internal business partners, consider carefully the answers before incurring hard and soft costs.