Creativity is associated with superior performance. Although this McKinsey article discusses creativity in the context of advertising and marketing excellence, there are a number of concepts that translate across businesses and industries:
- senior executives serving as role models for creativity and innovation
- fostering a mind-set that prioritizes creativity and innovation
- a view of (marketing) spend as an investment rather than an expense
- companies with top rankings have a”near-fanatical devotion to understanding their customers”
- reliance on data and analytics to understand customers
Read more about viewing creativity as a driver of business value and growth.